• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FFL

Master Blaster 1977

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
158   3
Reaction score
Ok guys i have a question. I am thinking about getting a table or 2 at a couple of gun shows here and there, do i have to have my FFL to do so? If not what are the benefits and down falls of getting one.

paper work, and not sure if you can get one unless you have a secure place of business. I had one at home 15 years ago but do not know if you can get one out of your house now.

I know people that sell at gun shows without an FFL. You would be a private seller. Same rules apply as if you were to sell me a gun. Ga DL and GWL.

If you just want to unload some of your personal collection you do not need an FFL.

If you want to try to make a business out of it, you need an FFL.

Also you cannot purchase a firearm from a private sale at the gun show and then lay it on your table for sail/sell same day.

You can however change your mind and put it on the table the following day if it's not your cup of tea...

I believe they've made it more onerous to be a 'home' based FFL. You must be open to the public at specific hours, (and a couple of other things I don't remember).

If you plan on dealing guns regularly, you need to get one. If you're just having a clear out, go the private seller route, with the above caveats about re-selling.

I believe they've made it more onerous to be a 'home' based FFL. You must be open to the public at specific hours, (and a couple of other things I don't remember).

If you plan on dealing guns regularly, you need to get one. If you're just having a clear out, go the private seller route, with the above caveats about re-selling.

Sound to me like the OP is asking if he needs a FFL to run a few tables at gun shows to sell from his personal collection.

If that's the case, no FFL needed.

There are also many levels of FFL's and some are very easy to get with a few stipulations. The cost is not too bad either.

Sound to me like the OP is asking if he needs a FFL to run a few tables at gun shows to sell from his personal collection.

If that's the case, no FFL needed.

There are also many levels of FFL's and some are very easy to get with a few stipulations. The cost is not too bad either.
Thank you very much. I kinda wanna get an FFL because i would eventually like to do a store front.

Back
Top Bottom