• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FFL

i had called about an FFL and even had them send me a app , later i found out there was no way for me to get it without a business ( gun shop , pawnshop or some type of business) and was specifically told no more home business was also told they stop doing it cause they didnt want to see people getting personal gain in collection from a home based business

Isnt that exactly why people want to get a home FFL? Because the ATF says getting personal gain through private sales makes you an unauthorized dealer? I mean sure, there are a lot of other benefits, but that to me is a huge one right there (especially since their definition of "profit" is hazy at best).

i54.tinypic.com_2gsiqz5.jpg

i told her i wanted to open a business she said this isn't for your home is it i told her it was . She said the field officer that comes by after you submit your app would probably deny it cause it was not a store front , or a business even if i had a business liscense , if it was at my home

you might get your app and a business license with all the hoops there making you jump through to get it , by the time he comes out you might get denied once he sees it's for personal gain if he sees that you are making a living as a gunsmith or something along those lines and you got the setup to prove it and where you have this business is ok with them if it is at home you might get it then

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom