• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FGMM LR primers?

SpeedyR

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
122   0
Reaction score
anyone come across the Federal Gold Medal Match large rifle primers locally recently?

starting to develop a load to replicate the 175gr FGMM rounds and was hoping to get the appropriate primers. I will substitute other brands if needed but figured I'd check and see if anyone has seen them recently in the state (I travel some, so don't mind driving to pick them up). Or if anyone has a spare 1-200 I could buy or trade for, let me know.

I usually have Winchester (WLR, WLRM), Remington 9 1/2, and CCI 200, anyone recommend one of these if I can't find the GMM primers?

Good luck finding them.

Regular Federals should give a similar burn as the match version just has a visual inspection for better QC.

CCI and Winchester have worked for me, and preliminary testing on S&B is showing promising results.

My testing out to 400 yards has shown Winchester LRP to be just as good in off the shelf and military rifles. I know that is point blank range for some of our super ninjas, but it is all that I have access too.

went out to cabelas first thing this morning and none in stock. they didn't have any large rifle Federal, and little match primers at all.

ended up using my $10 off coupon and got 2k S&B primers (have heard good things about them and they were on sale for $21/k) and a box of federal match 22lr. Just got my daughter a Savage Rascal, so will try to find somewhere outside to take her shooting in the next few weeks.

off topic but I don't suppose anyone has a scope mount for a Rascal?

went out to cabelas first thing this morning and none in stock. they didn't have any large rifle Federal, and little match primers at all.

ended up using my $10 off coupon and got 2k S&B primers (have heard good things about them and they were on sale for $21/k) and a box of federal match 22lr. Just got my daughter a Savage Rascal, so will try to find somewhere outside to take her shooting in the next few weeks.

off topic but I don't suppose anyone has a scope mount for a Rascal?
EGW makes a rail mount for the Rascal I got one straight from EGW , My granddaughter loves that little rifle

Back
Top Bottom