• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fiber is good for you.

Where in Lawrenceville do you live? I am out in Dacula at the end of New Hope Rd by ways of Archer and I have had fiber for several years? Might be the neighborhood and those whom can afford it.
Who are you talking to? Me?
LOL at "those who can afford it" if so. :lol: It's going to be cheaper than all other options (charter and their own UVerse service). I looked at the map of their service when it first started along with expansion plans and couldn't decipher why they went where they went. Neither could the woman at AT&T. We are in an unincorporated area. It's a small neighborhood. No idea what the sunk costs for each new ring is but perhaps neighborhood size is part of the criteria.

Google Maps, you can create a personal, customized map and use different color digital push pins. It's your friend and it's free, except of course that Google will be spying on everything you do there.
I know. I just meant "Ain't nobody got time for dat." ;)

The FCC under Obama required all phone companies to maintain their existing copper networks. When Trump appointed his representatives they changed that so companies could replace copper infrastructure with fiber.

That's why you are seeing a whole bunch of fiber being pulled. In theory it's to upgrade voice infrastructure but it's almost all going towards data since landlines are pretty much gone these days.

I know. I just meant "Ain't nobody got time for dat." ;)

Yep, did take a bit of time. I'd guesstimate I spent 20 hours just plugging in houses and doing the research for each. Also looked up the local crime statistics for each address and where those statistics weren't available online, I called the local sheriff/police department and asked them. As it turns out not only do they know where the scum bags tend to hang out, if you are polite they are more than happy to tell you!

Back
Top Bottom