• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Filter out "no shippers?"

Most are not going to go through the trouble of shipping guns unless you are willing to pay a premium.
With all other items, most people will ship. When you post an ad the option to ship is set to "no" by default so some skip over it. Just send a PM and ask if they will or not.

Most are not going to go through the trouble of shipping guns unless you are willing to pay a premium.
With all other items, most people will ship. When you post an ad the option to ship is set to "no" by default so some skip over it. Just send a PM and ask if they will or not.
Shipping long guns within the state is no hassle at all. You simply box it up and take it to the post office just like you would ship a lamp or a golf club. No license required.

I always send a polite request to ship at my expense when I see something that interest me.
I can understand the concerns of the seller for not wanting to ship. It’s always good practice to look at feedback and evaluate the person you are wanting to deal with.
I have bought several firearms on here and had them shipped through UPS or USPS without any issues.
I wish more people would consider shipping as an option because there are plenty of items posted that are just to far away to drive for the deal.

In my small town it is a headache to ship anything. No one at the offices know their own rules. So they just say they don't ship. Even my local ffl doesn't want to.

In my small town it is a headache to ship anything. No one at the offices know their own rules. So they just say they don't ship. Even my local ffl doesn't want to.
If you are shipping a long gun within the state, you box it up, go to USPS.com and print a label along with insurance and signature required deliver and either hand it to the delivery driver or just hand it to the clown behind the counter. It is none of their business what is in the box. If they ask, tell them it is a boat paddle. Like you said, most of them do not know their own rules to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom