• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Finally after an exhausting search

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
Well I moved up300 here to Virginia and plolped down roots on the bank of the james river. According to a Virginia fisheries one of the best Musky producing rivers in Virginia. The other being the New River. Those two are the absolute be producing waters. So I begin the search. It starts in Georgia and I go and look at a couple of 17 ft. bass trackers. Look great in the pics and when I get there they are just dogs. engines with a 1/8 of grease on them. Consoles loose and just beat to hell for 5000.

I start to look alumicraftat to get away from the thin gauge tin on those bass trackers. I set up a meet in Cleveland TN. Start on my way back home and suddenly at 8:00am in the morning when I leave it's suddenly sold. That one was 49 hundred looked ok but I learned that pics can be very deceiving.

While I am gone one of the four brothers I grew up hunting with got on the hunt. This morning he send me an add from Craigslist in N.C.. He shoots me over a text with link. Ok a 17 ft Sea Nymph ( very similar to the Bass Tracker except console is welded to boat ) it said low hours on motor and so on. Well he is off work and I decide agaist my better judgement to go look at boat. I call the guy and he says someone is coming to look at it and It will sell. An hour later her text me back and says " if you want it come and get it, I need it gone for 3600 and you just hit the lottery.". Those were his exact words. The whole time I am driving I am thinking I hope this isn't like the four I looked at in Ga. Nope when I get there in the middle of a boat storage yard is displayed out in the middle is this beautiful white Sea Nymph that looks brand damn new. Take the engine cover off. Correct less than 50 hours. Not one spot of gas or residue at all. I ran my finger across the carbs and block and a white glove would have come off cleaner that when you started. It was honestly that clean. the only thing was the tires were dry cracked where it had been sitting. To make a this long story shorter it needed vacuumed and it was ready to go.

The guys that sold the boat owned a boat storage place and purchased some boats and just happened upon this jewel. He went around each week and started the motors and ran them for a few minutes until every thing was good and warm and ran fresh gas through the carbs. Compression checked in at 150 per cylinder and that's it. I put a check down on it and have to pick it up monday. Time start reeling in some Muskies! Boys I bring you the Sea Nymph tournament 170. And to thing we started off with a RiverHawk with a 5 HP motor on it as out fishing rig. Isn't funny how things progressively get more expensive as you look.
00k0k_5VLTywzCXmN_1200x900.jpg

Congrats on a good deal and enjoy that boat. I have owned boats all my life and as long as you take care of them, I can honestly say I have never had a hole in the water i threw money into. I actually picked up good deals and made money on some of my boats I have sold. Just learn the basics on maintenance and you can keep from putting a marine mechanics kid through college.

Thanks bro. Even under the gas tank lid was dry and no trace of any residue. All the other boats I looked at you would have sworn someone took oil out of 300,000 mile diesel engine oil cut it with gas and sprayed it all over everything under that lid. Just crap every where. This had mild fading on the console which I think a lite coat of bed liner can spray to keep it from fading again or anymore. Even had a kick ass stereo system. It only had about 1/4 of and inch of paint off the leading edge of the prop if that. I mean the boat needs nothing but tires. Of course sitting in the DMV I not looking forward to but that's life.

Back
Top Bottom