• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FINALLY fixed 3-4 related issues with Dillon 650 Press - Short Video Explanation

Fortunately, that's the only major failure that I have had. Still, something like the link should not fail. Springs are the main items that need replacing but I have broken a couple of shell plates due to improper adjustment of the swaging rod.

I had a main link on my 1050 break while processing 380s. Dillon would not cover it under warranty because the press was more than a year old. Costs $200 for a new one
Yeah if you do a Google search or are on the Reloading discord "BF556" makes them (I believe it was/is a big group effort from tons of people on castboolits.com) with adapters for all sorts of feeders. I already had every flavor of Hornady bullet feeder dies that I was using with a turret style bullet feeder on my turret press, so it was cheapest to go that route. It works flawlessly, aside from the very rare upside down bullet. I can't remember off the top what I paid for it, but it was about half what a MBF setup would have cost me. The Hornady setup works really well too, I had to modify it a bit to work with 300blk/300hamr length brass (there's a really good video on yt that details the process).

Jackie Graham Jackie Graham
That's also one of the Huge reasons I went with the XL750. I'm not in the Reloading business, but I do enjoy lots of loading and processing.. so the real "Lifetime warranty" had me sold. Of course the case feeder is only 1yr. I've seen some people discussing "total rebuild cost" from Dillon on the 550's being $50 (2010) to $75 (2015) $100 (2018).. I wordered what the total rebuild cost on the 1100's would run? But hearing about them wanting $200 for the link, I can't imagine that it's cheap.. Might as well buy a new one, put the broken parts on the old and send it in while it's still under warranty 🤣 I'm kidding, I would never do anything like that :rolleyes:
I’ve had my 650 for about 25 yrs, and Dillon means lifetime guarantee, I like it for that!

Good video, having 2 of them I learned some upgrades are totally not worth it, but some definitely are!! A bullet feeder is the best upgrade. I couldn’t image loading without them now, I used the 650s and 550s for years until I upgraded to a 1100 and Super1050 and there’s a world of difference. I kick myself in the ass for not getting them earlier. Now I rarely use the 650 or 550 anymore.

Entirely Crimson has some nice upgrades for Dillon presses. I have most of his stuff on all my presses.
Same for me. I kept my 650 for processing brass but I hardly ever use it. I like the 1050 much better.

Back
Top Bottom