• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Finally got a reloading setup

A true 300 blackout guy will tell you they never shoot converted brass. I sell brass and i have both 300 blkout stamped and converted. No one buys the converted.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Just a recommendation. I quit using the Dillon for resizing bottle necked brass. Too much trouble when you have to lube etc. I purchased a Lee single stage Challenger press and use it for resizing those type cases. Got a case stuck the first time I ever tried the .223 in the Dillon. It just seem easier to do it on the single stage. I do however resize all straight wall cases on the Dillon during the loading process. You will find a lot of other uses for the Lee in the future also for processing brass.

Rosewood

A true 300 blackout guy will tell you they never shoot converted brass. I sell brass and i have both 300 blkout stamped and converted. No one buys the converted.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

That is just plain silly. I have several calibers I shoot where all of my cartridges are converted brass. I shoot 7MM TCU which is converted .223 brass and 7-30 waters which all of mine are converted from 30-30. Never even shot a factory case in any of them. So far, I have never shot a .260 remington brass in my .260 remington. I converted .243 since it was available.

Wonder what a "non-true" blackout guy is?

Rosewood

Just a recommendation. I quit using the Dillon for resizing bottle necked brass. Too much trouble when you have to lube etc. I purchased a Lee single stage Challenger press and use it for resizing those type cases. Got a case stuck the first time I ever tried the .223 in the Dillon. It just seem easier to do it on the single stage. I do however resize all straight wall cases on the Dillon during the loading process. You will find a lot of other uses for the Lee in the future also for processing brass.

Rosewood
How did it get stuck? Ive done nearly a 5 gallon bucket full of 223 brass so far.

My process is
-put about 5 or 6 handfuls of brass in a bag
-4 sprays of dillon lube and shake the bag
-Put brass in case feeder
-pull handle until empty

Ive been doing about 500-1000 a night. Havent had one get stuck yet. Ive even rammed in some really corroded cases that I end up throwing away.

The only issue ive had is the occasional mis feed of a case. I think corncob will occasionaly hang up the plastic case pusher

I sprayed with Hornady 1 shot lube. Run up in die and it got stuck. Was a nightmare getting it out. The Dillon shell plate doesn't grab the shell as well as the Lee shell holders do IHMO.

I now put the .223 brass in a zip lock bag and spray in the 1 shot then massage it around good. Then I resize in on the Lee. and just seems to work better to me. I tried the bag and spray on larger rifle calibers and it didn't work so well.

I don't have a case feeder and it is faster for me to use the Lee. If I had the feeder, I might revisit using the Dillon.

Rosewood

I use the Lee and bulge buster kit on some pistol brass. I use the Lee and Lee sizing dies for sizing my cast boolits. Also use the Lee with the RCBS primer pocket swager for crimped military brass. Those don't work to well on a progressive or at all.

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom