• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Finally loaded my first rounds.

I have a Lea Loadmaster for 9MM, and I still use my Lyman turret press for rifle (308 and .223). I got both used and needing some TLC, both run perfectly now.
It's an obsession, the worse part is when you run low of powder, or bullets, or primers... and you gotta get permission to send $$ for more. Just try not to mention you have a 3K round surplus...

Welcome to the party! I've been reloading since the mid 90's. My first press was a Lee Turret and about 7 years ago I picked up a used Dillon Square Deal and that fits my needs. I just load .45 ACP and 9mm, no rifle.
I'm using a Lee Classic Turret press. Loading for .40 S&W, .223, and 6.5 Creedmoor. I really like the ability to swap turrets and all my dues still set perfect. Wasn't sure if I'd stick with it so didn't want to buy a Dillon right away.

I'm about to get into reloading also. I just picked up a Lee 4hole turret press today from a fellow ODT'er. It'll probably take me a bit to get all of the equipment. In the meantime, watching vids, reading as much as I can, and talking to experienced reloaders.

Congrats on the Dillon, it will definitely pay itself back in spades, specially loading pistol ammo. Depending where you have it set-up (mine is in the garage), put an old pillow case over it to keep the dust off in between runs. A quick tip I do to build my pistol ammo stockpile is load a 100 rounds a day after work, takes about 15 minutes, gives me 500 rounds to shoot during range sessions on the weekend. Like others have said, you won't save any money, but you will definitely shoot more.

Back
Top Bottom