• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Finally...PMR30...that didn't break the bank

Tusker6N

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
77   0
Reaction score
Been looking for a PMR30 for a while, not too hard though.

Just wasn't willing to pay MSRP. The Fort Stewart PX gave me a price of $340; however they couldn't get one from their suppliers.

Stopped into a local gun shop for some 12GA slugs and walked out with a new PMR30 for $350, cash price. They told me they couldn't believe it had finally come in and they just put it out today.

Well, if I don't like it, I can always sell it on here for at least...

Good price! I was curious about them as well. Needless to say I have long traded it away after handling and shooting it.

I would buy one at that price if I could find it locally...

I think you will like it.

And now you can even find ammo for it!

I had relished the thought of having an RMR30 for some time, but then I got into building AR's and that desire quickly faded. The way I see it, 5.56 is cheap enough. And it has a hell of lot more punch! Although, I have to admit; my only 5.56 rifle is a full 20" M16 A2 clone, full magazine and 1-4 illuminated scope weighing at approximately 4.6 lbs.

But I agree, Enjoy the toy!

CMR30
Caliber .22WMR
Weight Unloaded 3.8lbs 1.7kg
Magazine Capacity 30
Overall Length 29.9” 759mm
Length Collapsed 22.5” 571mm
Barrel Length 16” 408mm
Twist Rate 1:14" 1:356mm
Trigger Pull 5lbs 22N

cmr30.png

Home built AR
Caliber 300 AAC BLK
Weight with full 30 round magazine 3.6 lbs. (based on Berkley 50 lbs. fish scale)
Magazine Capacity 5, 10, 20, 30...
Overall Length 34.5"
Length Collapsed 31"
Barrel Length 16"
Twist Rate 1:8

DSCF0971.JPG

*Just havin a little fun. No harm intended.

I bought and sold my pmr because it felt like a toy, no feeding issues. I kept the CMR because it feels like a bigger toy and is really fun to shoot!!!! Either way enjoy it!!

I got one at AO about 6-8 months ago for a little more than that if I remember... maybe #375? I did have to order it but it was there after a week or so.

I don't know if I'd want to trust my life to it (although 30 rounds of 22 Magnum would do the job) but it's a great plinking gun and seems very reliable so long as you load the mag right.

Back
Top Bottom