• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

finance forum outside odt

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
anyone a member of any stock message boards? i like the odt but wouldnt mind finding an alternate source for stock discussion

"Please don't recruit for other sites"
lol i dont think id consider me asking the odt community what stock website they frequent is going to detract from any gun views, poltical gripe threads, or pictures of knives and tactical neckbeard stuff posted

Vanguard and Fidelity have pretty good websites, I have money invested with both, and the times I have had to speak with someone they were very good.

I don't know about a chat-room for financial stuff, sounds like a good place to get fleeced, by the less than honest folks.

Listening to random strangers is no way to pick stocks. There is almost no evidence that anyone can routinely beat the market average. In fact, the best evidence is the NO ONE can beat the market average after fees. Or not that someone you can choose a priori. Especially after Reg FD and QE4.

Certainly there are people who do beat the market. But when you have a thousand monkeys flipping coins, a Gaussian (normal or bell curve) distribution will predict that a few will hit heads 20 times in a row. Luck or skill? Since you can't do a blinded randomized trial or run a Monte Carlo simulation repetitively, the world will never know.

Back
Top Bottom