• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Finnish capture mosin 91/30

dakota port

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
178   0
Reaction score
How much are Finnish capture 91/30 worth or should cost? did the Finnish modify the stock most of the time or keep most of the stocks original?
I see folks selling them online like they're m28 or something and that can't be right in my mind and just want a cheaper Finnish rifle to round out the collection some

i don't expect alleycat to part with anything now, i got the 1899 so my appetite has be subdued........ for now

but I'm always on the prowl for a soft easy tasty morsel

I mean depending on what exactly has happened to the gun if it's just stamped with the SA I wouldn't give more than a run of the mill mosin unless date codes come in to play and receiver age. Most of the ones I've run across have been m91s that retained the original stock or had a spliced replacement but that's as far as the finns went with it

How much are Finnish capture 91/30 worth or should cost? did the Finnish modify the stock most of the time or keep most of the stocks original?
I see folks selling them online like they're m28 or something and that can't be right in my mind and just want a cheaper Finnish rifle to round out the collection some

According to what i've read they didn't trash a stock unless absolutely necessary, especially late in the war. When tbey did, it was almost always with a Finn finger-jointed stock as replacement. The SA box on the side wont make them shoot any different either.....If you want Finn quality, you have to get a Finn built rifle not a captured Russian.

Collectors like different things....For me, i'm fascinated with Finn-captured American mosins made by Remington and Westinghouse. Just think of the journey they've endured!

It's hard to let go of a nice Finn-built weapon. :love:
image.jpeg

According to what i've read they didn't trash a stock unless absolutely necessary, especially late in the war. When tbey did, it was almost always with a Finn finger-jointed stock as replacement. The SA box on the side wont make them shoot any different either.....If you want Finn quality, you have to get a Finn built rifle not a captured Russian.

Collectors like different things....For me, i'm fascinated with Finn-captured American mosins made by Remington and Westinghouse. Just think of the journey they've endured!

It's hard to let go of a nice Finn-built weapon. :love:
View attachment 1101437

i wouldn't expect the finns to do much to a 91/30 other then fixing a stock and issuing it when they're superior models run low in number. I just want one to put above the m91 on the rack

the only ones missing are the m28, m28/30, m24(gave up on this one due to price and scarcity but I did have one for few months), and the finnish capture 91/30

Back
Top Bottom