• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearm Ban, Swiss Style

I remember hearing once that all Swiss 18 year old men participated in some sort of military training.... is that still the case? Maybe it was required service for a year or two.

The SWISS doesn't have this

View attachment 146979

I think that was taken at a Queen Labeefa charity concert.

(You guys are not being very P.C. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to scream "racist," and such.)

(P.S.- It won't be me-I never call anyone "racist." That is just a cop-out for folks who can't win a debate.)

Last edited:
The fact that ALL Swiss men are required to serve in the military probably has a very positive effect on the country. I am all in favor of the same thing in the US. No deferments for any reason. If you are found to be mentally and physically fit, you do at least two years in uniform. This would help a lot of young men permanently remove their heads from their behinds.

The fact that ALL Swiss men are required to serve in the military probably has a very positive effect on the country. I am all in favor of the same thing in the US. No deferments for any reason. If you are found to be mentally and physically fit, you do at least two years in uniform. This would help a lot of young men permanently remove their heads from their behinds.

You sound like Heinlein! (Great author, BTW-read Starship Troopers if you haven't. Probably the best fix for a society as ****ed up as ours would be something like Heinlein's idea of earning your "franchise.")

Yes......This

I agree, there should be some way to "earn" your vote...

Oh, wait, is that something overhead that I hear hovering...?

Starship Troopers is a good movie...love it. Wonder how all of us will turn out?

I'm guessing just fine. Bills will be introduced and shut down. The fear I have is that the new administration will stack the Supreme Court. It is inevitable.

And my Children will have to deal with the sins of their fathers...

You sound like Heinlein! (Great author, BTW-read Starship Troopers if you haven't. Probably the best fix for a society as ****ed up as ours would be something like Heinlein's idea of earning your "franchise.")

I love Heinlein! I haven't read all of his stuff, but I'm working on it. The only thing I hold against him is that I think "Stranger In A Strange Land" was single-handedly responsible for the hippie movement. LOL! Have you read "The Unincorporated Man"? Very similar to Heinlein's style and very good. Thought provoking.

Last edited:
I love Heinlein! I haven't read all of his stuff, but I'm working on it. The only thing I hold against him is that I think "Stranger In A Strange Land" was single-handedly responsible for the hippie movement. LOL! Have you read "The Unincorporated Man"? Very similar to Heinlein's style and very good. Thought provoking.

I haven't read that one.

I will have to read some more. I like the cut of his jib!

Heinlein is my kind of guy (And as always-the book is much better than the movie!)

Back
Top Bottom