• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearm borrowed by friend & he sold it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, as far I can tell, you are the only one who said this is the way it happens.

I deliberately said the OP can "seek a warrant". Which IS the way it happens. I realize such fine distinctions in criminal procedure are probably not fully appreciated by someone with only 23 years experience, but one can hope that wisdom will come with time.
See I tried to be nice....BUT since we are throwing shade......You mean like the "you cant carry a rifle open in public in Georgia without a permit" wisdom? No thanks pal, I have about all of your experience smarts I can take.

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/concealed-carry-laws-in-georgia.1581129/page-3

He was already paid for his rifle.

Really?:wacko: Why the hell do you think this thread was started? smh

OP borrows $$ from friend

Friend borrows gun from OP

OP pays back $$ to friend

Friend keeps gun a little longer, excuses, etc.

Friend then tells OP that he pawned it to his cousin for $900.00, cousin sells gun

OP ain't got no gun, no $$$, or no friend:shocked:.

I needed extra cash to pay my property taxes. A long time (since 1978) friend offered to help me with a loan. In turn, he wanted to borrow my Ruger Mini 30 because he's seen several coyotes that wasnt running away while walking his small dog.
I repaid him for the loan and allowed him to keep my rifle for a couple of months longer. When I ask him for it, he always had a reason why he couldn't get it at that time or he would bring it to me next time he came to my place. This went on for 3 months and I finally demanded he return it to me.
That's when he admitted that he'd "pawned" it to his cousin and that he would have to come up with $900 to get it back. Naturally, I was angry that he'd done that using my property instead of using his Fender and Gibson guitars. Another month has gone by and I am still trying to get my rifle back. He now has told me that he SOLD my rifle to his cousin and his cousin doesnt have it because he sold it! He said it's gone and he can't do anything about it. That I can forget the rifle and our friendship. What can I do to get my rifle back? I have the box it came in and the bill of sale where I purchased it.

Man, I hate being the grammar popo.

"n a case like this" is not even half your message.

You asked 3 separate questions, each one a more or less complete sentence, with a question mark at the end of each, which in English functions as a full stop.

I chose to answer ONE of the COMPLETE questions YOU posed. I didn't rephrase or paraphrase it. I answered it EXACTLY as YOU posed it. You did not clearly include "in a case like this" as part of the first or second question, it was the third question you posed. Even in your quote of yourself, YOU drop the question mark, making it appear that "in a case like this" is a descriptive qualifier of the question, not a separate question.

In other words, you don't even quote yourself accurately.
I asked three questions that were all clearly related. And I quoted myself partially in a typed sentence but also the post in its entirety.

So are we going to argue semantics, or do you have an something real to support your argument?

I asked three questions that were all clearly related. And I quoted myself partially in a typed sentence but also the post in its entirety.

So are we going to argue semantics, or do you have an something real to support your argument?

Now here's a pot and a kettle in the same post. lol

What argument? You asked a question, I answered it. I freely admit that out of the thousands of criminal cases made every day in the United States, I personally do not know of a specific fact situation similar to OP where a text message was used as the basis for an arrest. I do know of many people arrested for various crimes based solely on text messages. Unless there is a threat of imminent danger, the matter is typically referred to a magistrate (as I suggested be done here) because the nuances in what is texted, and what individual laws require.

Of course that's not the question that I answered or that you asked, but I hope this response makes you feel better.

Im speechless.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom