• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearms as an asset

I have been bargain hunting seriously on ODT the last couple of years. Up until about January you could occasionally find a bargain. I just figured I would put some of my savings in guns.

Interest rates on savings is 0.99%. You still have to pay capital gains on investments, and Uncle Sam knows what you got and where it is.

I don't that there is any realistic chance that the guns I have will ever go negative on my bases, and right now if I had to liquidate, I would easy be up 30%. Cash money, no three letter agencies involved.

I'm also heavily invested in cash, because the longer the bat flu goes on, there are going to be more deals from people needing to keep a roof over their heads.

The Wu flu is not going to be a passing thing, and it going to change the business model for a lot of different businesses and industries. I think airlines are Exhibit No. 1 - I don't know that I will ever fly again. The planes are too bad, they are reasonable sanitary, but getting on a place scares the beejeebies out of me. Take Atlanta airport, and just try to realistically assess how many disease ridden people, foreign and local, go through there every day.

I have been bargain hunting seriously on ODT the last couple of years. Up until about January you could occasionally find a bargain. I just figured I would put some of my savings in guns.

Interest rates on savings is 0.99%. You still have to pay capital gains on investments, and Uncle Sam knows what you got and where it is.

I don't that there is any realistic chance that the guns I have will ever go negative on my bases, and right now if I had to liquidate, I would easy be up 30%. Cash money, no three letter agencies involved.

I'm also heavily invested in cash, because the longer the bat flu goes on, there are going to be more deals from people needing to keep a roof over their heads.

The Wu flu is not going to be a passing thing, and it going to change the business model for a lot of different businesses and industries. I think airlines are Exhibit No. 1 - I don't know that I will ever fly again. The planes are too bad, they are reasonable sanitary, but getting on a place scares the beejeebies out of me. Take Atlanta airport, and just try to realistically assess how many disease ridden people, foreign and local, go through there every day.

I have flown like 5x during this ****.

Back
Top Bottom