• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearms on a commercial airplane.

The point I'm making is that being in a crowed is not a good reason for not allowing a firearm to be carried. Crowds can be found in way to many places. It would be impractical to try and regulate it.

So again, why not on a plane?
AD or ND on a plane could kill hundreds maybe thousands, on a bus at most what 50? and thatd take some good timing and maybe a cliff.

AD or ND on a plane could kill hundreds maybe thousands, on a bus at most what 50? and thatd take some good timing and maybe a cliff.
There it is! The amount of damage a single person firing a single shot on an aircraft could easily be catastrophic, so it is justified in restricting them. That means that our 2A Rights are not absolute and even we admit it. We need to recognize that and take it into account when trying to protect our gun Rights. It requires a different strategy.

goldfingerwindow.gif
Goldfinger. He's the man with the Midas touch; a spider's touch. Thanks.

It's entirely appropriate for the Constitution to NOT rule on whether you have more rights than a corporation. A corporation is an organization that is owned by other individuals, who also have rights and their own interests.

Their planes, their insurance policies, their business. Let's simplify it somewhat and say it's a domestic flight by a US-owned airline, flying between Dallas-Ft Worth and Houston.

They're STILL governed by the FAA and have to play by their rules. The question is what would they do if the FAA had no opinion on firearms. My expectation would be that after their first insurance claim for a plane going down, that they'd restrict firearm carry in the passenger compartment.

So again, why not on a plane?
I'd prefer the skin of my plane to not have any extra holes. Comparing a pressurized plane flying at 26k' to an unpressurized Greyhound traveling a 0' AGL isn't event apples to oranges, it's apples to gorillas.

This is one of the only times there is a sane reason for why guns should be prohibited.

yes it should be allowed. if it's a good idea or not is a different story. Guns should be legal to be carried on planes, trains, automobiles, etc. Mine have been in all sorts of places that many would find surprising.

doesn't seem comfy, airline seats are tiny enough as it is without a holster.

I am all for gun control…. If there is a gun around, I want to be in control of it ! :becky:

Civilian possession of guns on planes ??
It is like already stated, one discharge through the skin and everyone is in peril . It doesn’t matter if it was a ND or on purpose or even a missed target during a hi-jack.
I think planes are about one of the only places firearms should be restricted . There may be one or two others but planes in the air is just way too dangerous to too many people. Even folks on the ground where the plane crashes are in danger If it happens.
Just my .02 ….

Back
Top Bottom