• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearms on a commercial airplane.

True, but the way it's looked at now for aircraft is "Your property, the government's rules."

Then it's time to strike down all of these unconstitutional rules, and instead permit private entities to deny your wish to carry on their planes, isn't it?

The OP was:
Should they be allowed as carry on or not?

The answer is dependent on who has the right to make that determination. The owners of the business that own that plane certainly do.

The government - less so - although there are some public interest issues such as protecting completely innocent people on the ground unfortunate enough to suffer thru' the plane you were on hitting the ground at a couple hundred knots and smearing their innocent asses over a couple of square miles. But even then, there are alternative, non-government ways to protect their interests while you still get to fly armed.

The challenge is getting the government out of the business of dictating the terms of an agreement between you and McAfee Airlines, Inc.

There it is! The amount of damage a single person firing a single shot on an aircraft could easily be catastrophic, so it is justified in restricting them. That means that our 2A Rights are not absolute and even we admit it. We need to recognize that and take it into account when trying to protect our gun Rights. It requires a different strategy.

Bull. The whole idea of a bullet causing catastrophic damage to an airplane is pure Hollywood. You wouldn't worry about a bullet hole causing your car to disintegrate, and planes are built a lot tougher than your average F-150 is these days.

I would love to see it be legal to carry legal firearms on a plane. Do you really think they would cram grown adults into child seats and then sit on the tarmac for 10 hours if they though the passengers might start an armed revolt?

And you would certainly never have another 9/11, or even a hijacking if they allowed legally responsible people to carry on a plane.

I would have no problem flying like this. I drive like that, I walk through the streets like that, and I ride all kinds of public conveyances like that.

Plus think of the money and time it would save. No more screening... Just get on your plane like in the 1980s. Or better yet, back in the 60s when they didn't even try to screen.

And if you're too skeerd to fly without TSA faux-security... take a bus or drive yourself.

There are obviously a couple of risks associated with discharging firearms in airliners flying at altitude. Put a round thru' the skin or a window and you're putting a lot of people at risk, aside from the more general mayhem that could occur from doing so.

Then there's hijacking, but let's face it, that could be achieved by holding any sharp object against flight crew's jugular vein.

I guess the slightly valid justification is that an armed perp has the ability to endanger hundreds of lives with a single violent act.
A round through the skin or a window isn’t the concern. The actual concerns are people, mechanicals, and hydraulics. But it’s still dangerous.

Ok, again, I’m not going play 500 questions with you. It’s already been posted. Too easy to hit an innocent bystander, it’s like getting into a firefight in a crowded elevator.
That’s not really the point to argue, I would say. The point is that everyone has a right to be on a crowded street, but you have to pay and ask permission to be allowed on a privately owned commercial airline. If you get on, you agree to their rules.
I would argue that you should have a right to carry in an airport, but don’t have that right once you board a plane if that airline says no. If you are boarding your own plane than you have the right in that situation.

Snakes on a mfn plane!!!!
de95079a-1644-4b04-9045-a3307b18dbef.gif

Back
Top Bottom