• Who Cares!?

• Tacos

Results are only viewable after voting.

AK74U

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
89   0
Reaction score
Going camping for Thanksgiving with my extended family! Going to be at FDR State Park. I know my GWCL allows me in certain parks to carry, what about this State park? Anyone ever camped there before? Will take the S&W 500 for Yogi and Smokey Bear, but would like to be quiet if Jack and Jill want to get frisky. Thanks ODT!

And to better answer your question...

Are firearms, large knives-axes or "survival tools/blades" allowed at any time along the Pine Mountain Trail?
Per Georgia State Park DNR rules, No long guns/rifles/shotguns are allowed in the park outside your vehicle. Also no bows and arrows, explosives, fireworks, slingshots, or any device that discharges projectiles. Exception is: persons with a up to date Georgia Carry Permit (or one from a reciprocal state) may carry holstered a handgun only. As for bladed things, nothing larger than a pocket knife (thus no sheath knives, axes, survival tools.) Small hand saws can be used to cut DEAD downed wood. No cutting down or on of any tree of any size, dead or alive for any reason.

So we've been told they have a throwing axe range there. I cant bring my machete's to throw..??

And to better answer your question...

Are firearms, large knives-axes or "survival tools/blades" allowed at any time along the Pine Mountain Trail?
Per Georgia State Park DNR rules, No long guns/rifles/shotguns are allowed in the park outside your vehicle. Also no bows and arrows, explosives, fireworks, slingshots, or any device that discharges projectiles. Exception is: persons with a up to date Georgia Carry Permit (or one from a reciprocal state) may carry holstered a handgun only. As for bladed things, nothing larger than a pocket knife (thus no sheath knives, axes, survival tools.) Small hand saws can be used to cut DEAD downed wood. No cutting down or on of any tree of any size, dead or alive for any reason.

I used to do the same thing but now that I live on the border of the cohutta wilderness and see bears every day. They aren't much to be fearful of. Just store food properly and your EDC will suffice. They scare very easily for the most part just the sound of a gun will send em running. Had a problem one last year. Popped him with a bb in the butt and haven't seen him since

C6EE3D16-320B-4BFA-82B7-024C2AA76948.jpeg

This weighs less than a .454 Casull and has somewhat better stopping power.

Back
Top Bottom