• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fireplace insert?

SpeedyR

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
118   0
Reaction score
not really survival but thought I'd ask here...

have a few fireplaces in the house. The main one in the living room is gas logs. Hate them, burns gas and really doesn't put out much of any heat. Looks nice. :) Now that it's not working, I'll have to call someone to take a look at it and see what's wrong (doesn't seem to get gas, line is on, took things apart and cleaned what I could, etc).

Don't want to put another gas system in but also would prefer something to put a bit more heat into the room. Not sure I want an enclosed system/full insert as I would like to see the fire and have the traditional fire "experience" but would like something that would put more heat out. Is there something like this available? Wood log burning (not pellets).

and of course the golden question, anyone around ATL that I could visit or contact to show me options?

have a few fireplaces in the house. The main one in the living room is gas logs. Hate them, burns gas and really doesn't put out much of any heat. Looks nice. :) Now that it's not working, I'll have to call someone to take a look at it and see what's wrong (doesn't seem to get gas, line is on, took things apart and cleaned what I could, etc).

Don't want to put another gas system in but also would prefer something to put a bit more heat into the room. Not sure I want an enclosed system/full insert as I would like to see the fire and have the traditional fire "experience" but would like something that would put more heat out. Is there something like this available? Wood log burning (not pellets).

and of course the golden question, anyone around ATL that I could visit or contact to show me options?
My Son in Law owns a full service fireplace maintenance and full build service.
He can give you some great advice and what may work best for you.
I’m in the same boat and decided against an insert and want to go with a free standing unit just because my fireplace is really in a stupid location and doesent do much to heat the house.
Now my Daughter has a fireplace in her home that sucks air in and blows hot air out from the fire with no electic fans or anythjng .
If I could go with something like that I would but I think I’m going to go with a free standing unit strategically placed.

I have an old fisher Grandma stove that would be awesome but I’m gonna go with a more efficient EPA stove that can give me more peace of mind while asleep.

I’ll text you my Son In Laws Info.
He’s based in Acworth.

Mine is a Buck stove. It's not the biggest one they make but 1 size under it. It sticks out enough that you could cook on it if you needed to and I managed to go several years with it heating the whole house when my furnace went out and I didn't want to spend that kind of cash replacing it yet. So at least I know I can make it on wood alone if I had to.
2018-01-17 20.36.51.jpg

Previous owners of our house installed an insert. Literally the first thing I did was pull the lines, rip that ****er out and patch it up. We live in Georgia....plenty of trees to keep us warm.

Back
Top Bottom