Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
6   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: Firewood

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: about 40 pieces of red oak wood - you must pickup - Covington, Ga

Pictures:
wood.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
You want a tree laying on the ground? Come on over, I'll saw one down for ya man. Actually there is a pine about 18" diameter that the wind knocked over during a severe thunderstorm, you are welcome to come saw it up and haul it away.

lol, that's why I just left it on the ground in the woods to rot which it'll do quickly enough. I wouldn't use it for anything except a camping fire myself. Grown too pampered burning only pecan wood at home which I have delivered and stacked. Love the way it smells and it sure burns clean.

That is a great deal by the way, I'm sure somebody will come grab them.

So let me get this straight - not only are you offering the kind man a tree - but a pine tree at that - no self-respecting person uses pine in a fireplace. I say I have the better deal:)

For sure season hardwood already split is the better deal, but pine can still be used in the fireplace. It just needs to be seasoned like any other wood. It burns hot and fast so it's better to mix it with hardwood to have a longer burn.

I've used a mix of hardwood & pine and never had any buildup in the flue in the past 8 years. Hardwood can gum up a chimney just as bad as pine if it isn't seasoned properly. It just takes time and a covered area to keep them properly cured for winter heating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom