• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First and hopefully the last heart attack

Rolin808

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
14   0
Reaction score
So if you have had a heart attack I’d love to hear what changes you’ve done to positively change your lifestyle.
I recent had a heart attack at 48 years old. Never had a concern about my health until now. I live in Hawaii so our diet consists of rice as a part of breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I walked for work but had no time to do the extra activities I had done growing up, such as going to the beach to swim or fish, and doing Ju Jitsu.
When I happened I thought I was gonna live forever without having to make any changes.

Now I’ve had to learn a new way to eat. This is probably the hardest part to change. Luckily I’m friends with a dietitian and she taught me about portion control ( Huge Change instead of eating plate lunches)
And Doctor put me on a Mediterranean Plant based diet. So everything is portioned to be the size of a baseball or smaller, and protein makes up only one part instead of the majority it would have been in the pass.
I eat a lot of fish now and surprisingly it mostly comes frozen from Costco.
Bought an air fryer and try to use healthier options when seasoning the meals.

Again this is only what I’ve done and hopefully it might help other members make positive changes so we can all live longer for our loved ones. I’m not a doctor so always talk to your doctor before making any changes.

Please let me know about the changes you’ve made and pass on any healthy recipes that don’t make food look or taste like cardboard.
Aloha

Back
Top Bottom