• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First AR build recommendations

topchef

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
1   0
Reaction score
New to the forum and new to the world of AR’s. I’ve been a bolt action guy since I was a kid and recently have caught the bug to build an AR. I’m looking for opinions on a solid first build. I’m not sure that I’m ready to sink 4-5k into one yet but I’m open to hearing what y’all have to say. I’m also a newbie to the acronyms so use kid gloves with me.

Build yourself an Anderson or an entry level PAlmetto State as cheap as you can. make mistakes and scratch it up. Take your time and only buy parts used or when they are on sale. buy the right tools as you go. don’t shoot it off in the kitchen by mistake cuz you’ll blow out your ears. And be careful black rifle fever can be worse for a feller than falling in love.

The at the very least I would start with Aero Precision recievers, they make a decent bolt carrier group. Depending on how accurate you want to shoot you can research barrels but Ballistic Advantage is a sister company to Aero Precision. Both companies make excellent parts for a reliable and strong base. Pic out a good hand guard and a lower parts kit. Spikes makes s good adjustable stock kit. Just order their premium kit. You can get as fancy as you want on the stock and hand guard but those two items can get out of hand very quickly if not careful. Replace the trigger with a good one. A drop in on can be a good choice. You won't have to buy a full lower parts kit. You can get what they call a builders lower parts kit that doesn't have the fire control group in it.

There are a million different options but you will be limited because of the market. Just take it slow and get the parts when they are available. When you get to the assembly stage ask cmshoot or myself to guide you the slippery parts, I built my own I won't buy a shelf rifle and I won't pay 3000 dollars on one that took 1500 to build. If you don't get to crazy with the hand guard you should be able to come in at well under 1500. More like 1100 to 1250. That will make an excellent starter rifle that will last for years and years of great service. Stay Way from PSA and Anderson reciever. They are so hit and miss it ain't worth the time or money. Oh and Ballistic Advantage has a 1 MOA garauntee. You can't be that guarantee for the money. Arguably the best garauntee in the business.

These are just recommendations. The sky the limit. Just read up on or ask on here before you pull the trigger on an expensive part. Well good luck in your endeavor and don't feel like you bothering someone if you need to ask something. You can ask text me up anytime day or night. My text number is 404-437-9592 Greg you can use this number if you need a quick response time. That's me! Always eager to help CMshoot nose his business ass well and is also eager to help.

Back
Top Bottom