• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First attempt with the oven air fryer....

DinkyDau

Coast Guard Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Your only as good as your word!
171   0
Reaction score
fast306stang fast306stang It had to be an omen...I ordered the sauce...I poured out 1 cup and tasted it, no heat at all..Then I looked at the bottle and found out why..They sent me the bottle for pork and chicken but not the hot stuff..
Koreon1.jpg
I went ahead and tried to doctor sweet and hot mixture..In the mean time I contacted Amazon and they credited a full refund as it was a third party seller..
wings4.jpg
I let them sit overnight in the fridge in the Marinade, dried them off added a little Corn Starch to the wings for crisper skin.
Then I proceeded in breaking in my new oven air fryer..
wings2.jpg
wings3.jpg
I can see now it will be a learning curve..I set air fryer at 400 and cooked the short time to cook and check 30 minutes..Next time it will be 350 for 25 minutes to check..I did cover the catch tray under the screen with aluminum foil and topped that with parchment paper..No smoke so that was good..

You will like the spicy when you get it. I marinate boneless skinless thighs in it along with some sliced onion. I like it grilled. The sugars in the marinade caramelize and give it a great flavor and it has just the right amount of heat.

fast306stang fast306stang It had to be an omen...I ordered the sauce...I poured out 1 cup and tasted it, no heat at all..Then I looked at the bottle and found out why..They sent me the bottle for pork and chicken but not the hot stuff..
View attachment 4058274
I went ahead and tried to doctor sweet and hot mixture..In the mean time I contacted Amazon and they credited a full refund as it was a third party seller..
View attachment 4058325
I let them sit overnight in the fridge in the Marinade, dried them off added a little Corn Starch to the wings for crisper skin.
Then I proceeded in breaking in my new oven air fryer..
View attachment 4058328
View attachment 4058332
I can see now it will be a learning curve..I set air fryer at 400 and cooked the short time to cook and check 30 minutes..Next time it will be 350 for 25 minutes to check..I did cover the catch tray under the screen with aluminum foil and topped that with parchment paper..No smoke so that was good..
They look good enough for me, but there is a learning curve.

They look good enough for me, but there is a learning curve.
I went by the instructions on the special rack and basket you put them on, there was a chart for time and temp on a dozen items either frozen or thawed..And it was written for my specific oven. I did watch youTube for some pointers and lined the catch tray with foil and then parchment paper..That was a life saver..My adventure in Air Frying has just begone!

Back
Top Bottom