• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First backcountry trip

Smiley

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
58   0
Reaction score
Got my boys hiking packs and gear for Christmas and hit the trail for a few days. They held up well for their age even if the 6yo needed a few breaks, we covered about 5 miles Friday, about 8 miles total. Hopefully the first of many.
30CBE485-E75F-4737-BD8F-01F77F44A9D1.jpeg 122C7CEE-3277-4615-872D-B703D449B25B.jpeg DCBB8EA8-7613-4909-BC4B-EFA9738D3379.jpeg

Awesome. I'm looking forward to doing this along with overnight camping with my boys. Hike in somewhere, put up a tent, then hike out in the morning. Mine are close to your age so I'm anxious to see how they hold up.

Glad to see kids with a pair of trekking poles in their hands instead of a cellphone or game controller. Teaching them basic life skills, confidence and just spending time in the woods will pay big dividends in the future.

Glad to see kids with a pair of trekking poles in their hands instead of a cellphone or game controller. Teaching them basic life skills, confidence and just spending time in the woods will pay big dividends in the future.

I want to drag them with me on my trips as soon as I can. I want to hit the Rockies, Sierra, Grand Canyon, Arches, Acadia, wherever I find a deal on flights, I want to have them ready to explore all this country has to offer.

Their mother and I used to hit the trail on a regular basis. Once the kids were born we bought a pop-up camper so they could stay a bit more comfortable. Now that they are getting older, it’s time to bring them along.

I want to drag them with me on my trips as soon as I can. I want to hit the Rockies, Sierra, Grand Canyon, Arches, Acadia, wherever I find a deal on flights, I want to have them ready to explore all this country has to offer.

Their mother and I used to hit the trail on a regular basis. Once the kids were born we bought a pop-up camper so they could stay a bit more comfortable. Now that they are getting older, it’s time to bring them along.
Last spring my wife and I hiked Arches and Canyonland in Moab, UT and a couple of trails in AZ.

I’d rather be lost in the woods than found in the city! Happy trails.

Back
Top Bottom