First brisket is on the smoker...

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
Brisket is my absolute favorite but I've always been too chicken squeeze to ruin an expensive cut of meat. I finally found a small 5# on sale so here we go. Put the home made rub on last night and it's now a little over an hour in over apple wood at 225. I'm going to starve to death smelling and waiting. :doh:

Brisket is my absolute favorite but I've always been too chicken squeeze to ruin an expensive cut of meat. I finally found a small 5# on sale so here we go. Put the home made rub on last night and it's now a little over an hour in over apple wood at 225. I'm going to starve to death smelling and waiting. :doh:

Just the flat?

I'm the same way and got a flat from Costco it was just barely cheaper than getting a whole packer which I'll do next time. Mine came out decent but it was a little too bitter and too dry. I think I smoked it too long before wrapping. Curious to see how yours turns out.

The Food Depot has the best prices on brisket that I have found.
Corned beef briskets run about $3.00 an pound and the fresh briskets around $2.75 a pound.
They have them 4 or 5 pounds or the whole 20 pounder.

The Food Depot has the best prices on brisket that I have found.
Corned beef briskets run about $3.00 an pound and the fresh briskets around $2.75 a pound.
They have them 4 or 5 pounds or the whole 20 pounder.

Thanks. I have been craving corned beef and cabbage lately. Nobody eats it in my family, but me. I was gonna cook 1 this past weekend, but all I could find was 1 at Ingles for $35.

I will stop at Food Depot on my way home today.

Love me some smoked brisket! But hard to justify unless we have a large group of folks over. And then it needs to be a *close* group of friends! Brisket and skirt steak used to be super-cheap cuts, but not any more!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom