• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Can, need opinions

I had the same question a few years ago, started with Silencerco Omega, then others.
You could start with a Hybrid and cover everything but .22. Omega is my fav but not rated for 9.

Once you start using it you will see why you want more than one. It is nice to have one set for direct thread, one or more with pistons, one for .22, and then you will want a smaller one for handgun 9 just because.

I will say that if you are ever in a range that I'm shooting at; I always let people try out my cans. You never know who might be related to someone that will further our cause. Also, letting new shooters try out a suppressed weapon takes a lot of the fear and flinch out of the equation. We always take new shooters (mainly our kids now) to our property and let them shoot the steel plates with a suppressed 22 pistol and my integral 10/22. No boom and hearing the plates ring makes them enjoy it a lot and puts a smile on their faces. We move up to 9mm suppressed if they show an interest.

I will say that if you are ever in a range that I'm shooting at; I always let people try out my cans. You never know who might be related to someone that will further our cause. Also, letting new shooters try out a suppressed weapon takes a lot of the fear and flinch out of the equation. We always take new shooters (mainly our kids now) to our property and let them shoot the steel plates with a suppressed 22 pistol and my integral 10/22. No boom and hearing the plates ring makes them enjoy it a lot and puts a smile on their faces. We move up to 9mm suppressed if they show an interest.

A buddy of mine has the Mystic X and a few others but I can't remember them all. I'll be shooting them the next time I'm over at his place.

Mystic is great for money. Looking at one now myself. Just purchased a product from Dead Air Armament and greatly looking forward to a Mystic next. I just caught the suppressor bug a few months ago and have been going ape S*** crazy blowing my wad... Wait.. I mean cash money with my local FFL up the street.

Reactions: VME
I’ve stayed with Silencerco but am impressed by dead air & rugged.
The Rugged Obsidian is a good all around can & it’s serviceable. Rated for .45 I believe but you only gain minimal decibels my using it on a smaller caliber host. I shoot 9mm subs out of my .46 can & the difference is barely noticeable with naked ears.

Long story short: go with a big caliber for your first so you can shoot anything through it. Get a .30 caliber & .22 caliber can after.

Back
Top Bottom