• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First can

KingTuna

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
15   0
Reaction score
Well, I finally jumped into the NFA game. For my first can, I picked up a Spectre II for what I believe is a good price. Any input on the can is appreciated. I'm doing my homework now on what hosts to pick up. Looking at a TX22, BuckMark, or Ruger at the moment. I really wanna be a little kid and pick up a PPK in 22, brings back the memories of playing Goldeneye as a kid. For rifles, I'm looking at maybe building a 10/22 or picking up a 15-22. I know the MKII is a favorite for a bolt gun.

For those of you that have one, how does 22 mag and 17 HMR suppress?

Spectre II is built like a tank. Just have fun with it and get a set of dental picks for all the lead 22lr leaves behind. 10ga brush will help with the inside of the can without baffles or ends. For best performance, get a 22 with under a 4.5" barrel to keep ammo subsonic. It makes a huge difference in 22lr.

I have a Ruger Mk3 22/45 with a lot of upgrades, a Buckmark with a lite weight threaded barrel, as well as other upgrades, and a TX22.

The TX22 is by far my favorite. It is not as accurate as the Browning or Ruger, but it runs and runs and runs.

I’ve had a M&P, Sig 1911, Walther, and a couple more that I have tried and sold.

Spectre II is built like a tank. Just have fun with it and get a set of dental picks for all the lead 22lr leaves behind. 10ga brush will help with the inside of the can without baffles or ends. For best performance, get a 22 with under a 4.5" barrel to keep ammo subsonic. It makes a huge difference in 22lr.
The Spectre sounds like a bear to clean. When I get ready to buy a .22 can I’ll have to research noise suppression AND ease of disassembly / cleaning.

22 Mag does not suppress well. LOTS of unburned powder, sonic crack on all but the heaviest bullet weights.....

Never done 17 HMR, same issue I bet, small projo moving 1500 fps...

Love my Spectre II.

Hosts I really like-

S&W 422, 2206
Taurus TX 22

I also will run -

Ruger MK III
Sig Mosquito

On a side note, today I shot some CCI Quiet .22 LR and the stuff wouldn't even cycle at all in my little Beretta. I imagine it wouldn't cycle either if a can were attached?

On a side note, today I shot some CCI Quiet .22 LR and the stuff wouldn't even cycle at all in my little Beretta. I imagine it wouldn't cycle either if a can were attached?

Suppressors add a lot of back pressure and blow back, some sub sonic ammo I’ve used will not run unsuppressed reliably, but runs great when a can is attached. I typically run either Agila subs or CCI standard, and sometimes Automatch when running a suppressor.

Back
Top Bottom