• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FIRST CASING STUCK IN SIZING DIE

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
Man what a bitch. Who makes the best kit for extracting stuck casings. I got lucky with a drill bit almost the size of the casing and as soon as I got through the bottom it bit the casing turned it just enough to loosen it. The drill bit didn't hit the die in any way but I think I got lucky. Any process or kit recommendations or surefire methods would be greatly appreciated. First one I have had in over 6 years of reloading. I usually put the casings in a big plastic bowl and spray them with dry lube. So far that has been pretty effective but I think I got a bit overzealous and put too many casings in the bowl and I didn't get Lube on all of them correctly. So on the next batch I put a few less casings in there and made sure I got Lube on all of them or they if you will. Also do those carbide dies work as advertised? I read they are suppose to eliminate stuck casings.

Rcbs case extractor works. Carbide dies are great for pistol cartridges you may still have a little trouble with rifle calibers. Usually a stuck case in my experience is a cleanliness or lube issue.

Back
Top Bottom