• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Centerfire Suppressor

Tactical shooting, getting into 2 gun more. I don't run full auto, binary mag dumps, etc but would rather not worry about how fast I'm shooting for 223.
308 is going to be hunting and target shooting.
Bit of a misnomer on full auto rated. Cans that aren't full auto are also not rated for a mag dump or sustained fire.

When I bought my ARC22AL, I was definitely planning on picking up an ARC30 later but since then the price has gone up a bit (around $350 IIRC to $650 currently). With that price being more in the range of the modular cans, I figured they were worth a look.

Also direct thread doesn't bother me on the 22LR, but I can't take flash hiders off and on my ARs by hand lol.
They are $650 now?! They may have been a viable option for a budget friendly entry level 30 cal can, but at $650, they are not far off the big boys. And they weigh a metric ton.

2 cans is the better plan. Changing pistons, blocks, or direct mounts is a hassle.
Pick a brand and stay with it to have multiuse parts. I went Silencerco

Just put a DeadAir Sandman-L (rifles in 5.56/7.62/300blk) and Rugged Obsidian45 (pistol/rifles in 45/9/10mm) in jail. Might add a Sandman S or K for a smaller rifle option as well. Liked the Rugged modularity and slightly edged out Dead Air there. Rifles, I wanted their attachment so no question on DeadAir.

Just put a DeadAir Sandman-L (rifles in 5.56/7.62/300blk) and Rugged Obsidian45 (pistol/rifles in 45/9/10mm) in jail. Might add a Sandman S or K for a smaller rifle option as well. Liked the Rugged modularity and slightly edged out Dead Air there. Rifles, I wanted their attachment so no question on DeadAir.
I like this plan! I am with you on the K option. Still on the fence about getting a smaller one myself.

Really only looking at one can atm. I can live without 9mm capabilities (I don't shoot 40 or 45) and don't have any 9mm rifles/braced pistols atm (but looking for one for fun/competition). But if there's a can that does it all, why not?

I’ve got Dobbs Arc22al(wish I would have gone stainless) and an Arc30(works great, heavy as hell)

I have an AAC 556 SD and Obsidian 9 on the way, and on the look out for a better 22 can.

I don’t buy into the all in one cans. It takes too long to figure out when you make a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom