• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Gun Safe, need recommendations!

Trex33

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
14   0
Reaction score
Hi all, looking for a good quality gun safe. I'm looking for something better than "entry level" as I always tend to get upset when I purchase entry level that I didn't just spend a little more for the next level :). That said, doesn't have to be high end.

I have 5 rifles, 8 shotguns and 8-10 pistols. I'd like to have room for both ammo and some valuables. The collection could grow a little too :)

I'd appreciate opinions on brands, models and where to purchase in metro Atlanta.

Thanks!

whats your budget? I'm in your shoes and I've been looking at the Liberty Colonial 50. Seems to fit your needs as well based on what you have thus far

Hi all, looking for a good quality gun safe. I'm looking for something better than "entry level" as I always tend to get upset when I purchase entry level that I didn't just spend a little more for the next level :). That said, doesn't have to be high end.

I have 5 rifles, 8 shotguns and 8-10 pistols. I'd like to have room for both ammo and some valuables. The collection could grow a little too :)

I'd appreciate opinions on brands, models and where to purchase in metro Atlanta.

Thanks!

Winchester. 26 Gun. TSC. $699.99.

Like CliffB CliffB , I also bought the Winchester for around $650 at Tractor Supply. No issues with the safe, but I worry about EMP and its effect on the digital lock every day. If you can get a mechanical lock over digital without spending a fortune, you may want to consider it.

Last edited:
I also bought the Winchester for around $650 at Tractor Supply. No issues with the safe, but I worry about EMP and its effect on the digital lock every day. If you can get mechanical lock over digital without spending a fortune, you may want to consider it.

The way everyone complains about sub $1,000 safes you should be able to get into it with basic hand tools. /sarcasm.

The way everyone complains about sub $1,000 safes you should be able to get into it with basic hand tools. /sarcasm.

A thief will find a way in. I saw Oceans 11. /moresarcasm

Bottom line is get something to slow down the thieves, hold off the fire (till the engine company arrives) and will completely foil your kids and you'll be miles ahead of 90% of the population, especially all the new owners the POTUS has created.

Back
Top Bottom