• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First meet and greet

THats some nasty **** and had I posted it I would get a warning and a point,just like I did for the squirrel nuts and the country girl,yep double standards fo sho around here.

You know me, I'm seldom serious, but that is a cool picture.
My Dad and I built this barn back in the 70's then he found the oldest permitted structure in Carroll County (1832), bought it and moved it to his property in Douglasville and reconstructed it. He and I finished the inside, built a loft, etc. In his day (up until his 70's) that man could build about anything, and make it look GREAT! Those old structures always be photo bombing me. :)
CrossFire (24).JPG
CrossFire (33).JPG
CrossFire (9).JPG
CrossFire (14).JPG

@Hayata you needed sunglasses to look at my wheels. :)
For perspective I was doing some fence repair for him back on Memorial Day and took this BTF (before the fire:))
Go ahead... let the Cross"fire" :drum: jokes begin. :pound:
I-3 & log house.jpg

You know me, I'm seldom serious, but that is a cool picture.
My Dad and I built this barn back in the 70's then he found the oldest permitted structure in Carroll County (1832), bought it and moved it to his property in Douglasville and reconstructed it. He and I finished the inside, built a loft, etc. In his day (up until his 70's) that man could build about anything, and make it look GREAT! Those old structures always be photo bombing me. :)
View attachment 1733451 View attachment 1733453 View attachment 1733454 View attachment 1733455
@Hayata you needed sunglasses to look at my wheels. :)
For perspective I was doing some fence repair for him back on Memorial Day and took this BTF (before the fire:))
Go ahead... let the Cross"fire" :drum: jokes begin. :pound:
View attachment 1733464
Love that cabin!

Love that cabin!

It is like going back in time, tried to make it as "period correct" as we could... i.e wooden ironing board, etc.
So small (and no running water) he had to sign something with the county that no one would ever live in it... duh.
I called it the most expensive play house in Douglasville. :)

Thanks. I once lived in a house much like that. There was no indoor plumbing, no electricity, no neighbors, and the insulation was mud that you washed out about the first week of May when wasps, dirt dobbers, etc. began building their nests in them.

At school, the first through sixth grades were in one room; the rest of the class in another room. You ate lunch at your desk, prepared by the teachers. We had outdoor toilets, coal stoves for cooking and keeping the place warm and the ironic part is - this was in the United States during the 1960s. With what I have today it is almost impossible to fathom, but your pics are a trip down Memory Lane. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom