• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First middle ga m&g 16Jan16 (my birthday)

Checking in from Blue Ridge, where the men are men,the sheep are scared, and Internet is at its end.
Can I say I'm still in central GA? Or am I in north GA? Or ATL? Oh it's 30513, figure it out. Had a great time today guys! Have a great birthday nitrousfed!
Hahaha! Thanks buddy! Glad u enjoyed it, we all had a great time!

Alright my Middle GA. peeps I didnt buy this yesterday but because of yesterday I was able to buy back this MAK-90 that I purchased originally back in 1991 when Chucks was across the road where RoBears iron shop is now (who remembers that). I sold it to a friend 20 years ago and this weekend he offered it back to me.It is a a straight cut matching# gun with stamped receiver. I purchased it new in strofoam box with a few goodies. I just assumed that all MAK-90 stocks were painted Black but upon doing some research I cannot find any other examples of this so I am seeking some input from an AK guru. Dont know if I should leave it or strip it back and refinish the wood. Any suggestions?

mak-90.jpg

Alright my Middle GA. peeps I didnt buy this yesterday but because of yesterday I was able to buy back this MAK-90 that I purchased originally back in 1991 when Chucks was across the road where RoBears iron shop is now (who remembers that). I sold it to a friend 20 years ago and this weekend he offered it back to me.It is a a straight cut matching# gun with stamped receiver. I purchased it new in strofoam box with a few goodies. I just assumed that all MAK-90 stocks were painted Black but upon doing some research I cannot find any other examples of this so I am seeking some input from an AK guru. Dont know if I should leave it or strip it back and refinish the wood. Any suggestions?

View attachment 648087
I remember when chucks was across the road. Bought my first gun from them at that location. As to your question. If it came new with the black I'd leave it. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom