• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

first one of the season

poopdaddy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
498   0
Reaction score
so my nephew's principle just got the first little doe of the season.
he used a 2005 caliber ford truck. since he is close by,he called Braden who showed up on a golf cart and dispatched the deer. she had a broken hind leg and a ruffed up shoulder.
so the cops show,and since we are in the sticks,told Braden "good job" and asked if he wanted to take her home..(i know,redneck road kill)
long story short,dad and i showed them how to field dress a deer,and she is in the freezer.
kids did a pretty good job of processing her,and i even cooked a little for them to try..
i know it was a car kill,but dang...you can beat fresh deer on the griddle with a little seasonings..
cant wait for opening day...

two real nice back straps, one shoulder,both hind legs,and the neck. she was small,but i swear we got more meat than the processor. i think they waste a lot,or keep the good stuff for themselves..

I know of one that I almost can guarantee keeps some of everybody’s meat. An 80# deer and a 180# deer would yield the same sized box of meat. I haven’t taken a deer to them in over a decade and would rather process my own before going back to them.

I know of one that I almost can guarantee keeps some of everybody’s meat. An 80# deer and a 180# deer would yield the same sized box of meat. I haven’t taken a deer to them in over a decade and would rather process my own before going back to them.
my last few have not had any back straps. what kind of person would cube,grind,chop,or sausage a back strap? i cut them into 6" strips,butterfly,season,stuff with some fresh garlic and grill. or medallion steaks..
done with deer coolers forever,75 to 100 bucks for 20lbs of meat. we got at least 60 lbs out of her,and she was a yearling...

The only time I've taken a deer to the cooler it was have to situation. Time I got it to the truck it was after dark and I had to work in the am.....

Back
Top Bottom