• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First payment via cashier check what should I know?

151   0
Reaction score
Just got a cashier's check for $293.94 as payment for an item on GunBroker. They have 43+ feedback. I usually don't accept payment via cashiers checks, but they sent one anyways. What should I know before I cash the check and ship it out so I don't get scammed?

Unless you were expecting a cashiers check, I would contact them and tell them you are sending it back and for them to send another type of payment.

That's just me though, I am an asshole I guess.

If you were expecting a cashiers check I would take it to the issuing bank and cash it. If you can't take it to the issuing bank, I would deposit it into your account and wait 21 days prior to shipment.

If you have "digital deposit" on a checking account, make the deposit. I'd wait a couple of weeks or 14 days to ship, but you should tell the buyer that since they didn't follow instructions on your payment methods accepted.

Under $300 I'd not worry too much. I took a $33,000 cashiers check once on some sterling flatware. I didn't "unpucker" for about 4 weeks, LOL.

US Postal money order is the safest and you can cash them at the post office.

I will never accept or send a USPS money order again. I sent one for a Colt I bought on gunbroker that got lost in transit. It took me 3 + months to get my money back and I lost the Colt I was after because I finally told the guy who sold it to relist and hit me with non buyer report so he could get his money. He did leave me good feedback.

I will never accept or send a USPS money order again. I sent one for a Colt I bought on gunbroker that got lost in transit. It took me 3 + months to get my money back and I lost the Colt I was after because I finally told the guy who sold it to relist and hit me with non buyer report so he could get his money. He did leave me good feedback.
Dayum! Three months? Oh, Hell naw!

Back
Top Bottom