• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Revolver Suggestion??

OFace12

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
12   0
Reaction score
I went through my father-in-law's reloading equipment this afternoon and he has a TON of goodies for me. He's also got 10 jars filled with un-used .357 mag brass. The only problem with that is... I DON'T HAVE A .357 MAG!!

So I need to get myself a .357 wheel gun now so that I can use up all that brass. Any suggestions on a moderately priced .357 that I should be on the lookout for to pick up?

Smith & Wesson? Taurus? Ruger?

I agree. I own a Taurus and they are a great "S&W" knock off, but with lifetime warranty and shoots just as good. I really like the Ruger GP100 for "bigger" size, but if you want something fun to shoot, try the 101 or a Taurus 635 (or similar), they have a 3-4" barrel and its not too bad on recoil. I own a Taurus 605 2" ultralight .357mag and its fun with .38spl, but I dont shoot it alot because of the size. You can pick up Taurus's in the $300 range, Rugers and Smiths are going for $450-$500 depending on what you get.

I will tell up front that I think you would be happier with a Smith, but then I am a Smith fan. A 686/586, 4" or 6" to me is the way to go. There are other fine .357's, I will not say anything bad about any of them, but if it were me, a Smith I would be shooting.

I will tell up front that I think you would be happier with a Smith, but then I am a Smith fan. A 686/586, 4" or 6" to me is the way to go. There are other fine .357's, I will not say anything bad about any of them, but if it were me, a Smith I would be shooting.

nice avatar...:jaw:

Back
Top Bottom