• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Revolver Suggestion??

S&W 686 4" No dash
Ruger GP100 4"

This I have a pre-dash 686 4" and love it, it will stay in the family even when other guns have come and will go.....The wood grips look great on it, but the houge grips will make it feel much better while shooting......I want a 6'' one too...

Also love my blued S&W 19-5 4'' or 4-1/2''.

Last edited:
So after reading suggestions here and searching around on the internet, I think that I have decided on a S&W 686. Now just gotta find one.

You have made a sound decision with the Smith and you will never look back and wish you had gone in a different direction. Had a 66-2 for 20 years and wish I had it back. Good luck with you search. There are some 686's on the site from time to time.

There is no denying that an N-frame .357 is the queen of revolvers...

www.hunt101.com_data_500_medium_pix066745338.jpg

Geesh!
Great minds think alike. You guy's do have great minds don't you? Go with the S&W. Down the road you'll have no regrets.
I have a preference for a 6"-8" great for accuracy plenty powerful for hunting in Ga. at reasonable distances. I call my 8" my pocket rifle cause it'll put a full cylinder into a 3" target dot at 50 yards from a sandbag.

ngcsugrad09, I could not agree with you more. Yours is a real looker. Here are a couple of my N frame .357's

M27-2
i53.tinypic.com_2yn5bp1.jpg

M28-2
i56.tinypic.com_23jmukz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom