• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First rifle build

Matt VanDivner

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
22   0
Reaction score
Aero lower, cbc 16" 5.56 upper (plan to upgrade part by part.) Holosun solar shake awake red dot. Pretty proud of it. Going to test it Friday. Any
IMG_20221122_202438.jpg
IMG_20221122_202434.jpg
IMG_20221122_202421.jpg
suggestions for lights/different bcg or charging handles I'm going to practicallu gut it until I'm no longer run a Frankenstein of an AR lol

May want to consider looking for another rail down the road, keymod system is so 2014'ish
What's wrong with old school!!! 🤣🤣🤣 I actually prefer some of the old school stuff over the newer.
Also my first rifle build

Hey brother. Looking good on your first build. I am currently working on accessories for mine as well, light and scope/red dot are my next two budget drops. Is that the grip you got from me? Looks comfortable for shooting if so

Looks good! Now you're hooked and will want to build another one 😁

Plus one on the Streamlight HLX recommendation (when on a budget). Surefire, Cloud, ECT are brighter and more durable, but much more expensive. https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/protac-rail-mount-hl-x

The keymod rail will work fine if all you need to mount is a sling, light and backup sights. BCM makes good keymod accessories and has an affordable low profile QD sling mount and a pic rail section for mounting your light.

Keep us all posted on how it shoots!

Back
Top Bottom