• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First suppressor

Surefire .22 can is super tiny, light, and sounds good. I have the gen 1 Sig sauer 22 can and would tell you to wait for their Sig22X can coming out soon. It looks really nice but is pricey. Can't go wrong with a sparrow either. User serviceable, with steel or Ti so you can disassemble and dip it, and how small of a profile you want. My sig can is a fatty

I've never heard any noticeable difference in any standard-sized multi-baffle or multi-chamber monocore silencer I've ever seen demo'd on front of me. Not counting videos, but only real shooting and witnessing at the range.
So, my advice is don't sweat the make and model so much. Just choose something that's a pretty standard and well-respected design and go with it. There are probably a dozen good choices of each kind ... 9mm and .22LR.

ONE THING: I wish I'd gotten a .22 rimfire can that was rated up to .22 WMR (.22 magnum) and .17 HMR. But I did not. My rimfire can is only for .22LR, and that's a bummer because I'd like to put it on a Marlin .22 magnum rifle, too.

As for the 9mm can, is that the only centerfire gun you'd want to suppress?

Have you considered getting a 9mm can that is rated to hold the pressures of a .223 or .300 Blackout, and using it on more than one gun? It would be heavier and fatter than you need if it's just for the 9mm pistol, but I'd like the option of using it on an AR rifle, too.

I chose the Dobbs Defense arc22 because its quiet and rated up to 5.7, including 22mag. I also have the arc22-al because at only 4oz its so light that it feels great on my pistols. It's cool that they are user servicable and they're locally made too. There are so many choices out there...you're welcome to shoot mine if you'd like to try them.

https://www.dobbsdefense.com/store/suppressors/arc22/

Why not both? I can use my Griffin Optimus on my Ruger American Rimfire and my CZ Scorpion SBR. Yes, its big for a .22 can for a handgun, but it does just fine on my Ruger rifle. I can still use the iron sights. Sounds great on both. Sure, probably not as quiet as dedicated cans, but I don't have anything else to compare to.

Can also be used on other calibers up to .300WinMag.

IMG_1705.JPG

20161225_173700.jpg
20170107_204943.jpg

Why not both? I can use my Griffin Optimus on my Ruger American Rimfire and my CZ Scorpion SBR. Yes, its big for a .22 can for a handgun, but it does just fine on my Ruger rifle. I can still use the iron sights. Sounds great on both. Sure, probably not as quiet as dedicated cans, but I don't have anything else to compare to.

Can also be used on other calibers up to .300WinMag.

View attachment 1089225
View attachment 1089226 View attachment 1089228
Pulling triple duty nice

Back
Top Bottom