• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First suppressor

How much did you pay for the Optimus? $1100 price is steep. With most things, a jack of all trades is a master of none. Very interesting though.
Right around $900, IIRC. From QRF
I have shot it on my 22LR Ruger pistol at the Red Hill shoot last year. It was very quiet, but I could not see my suppressor height sights. It will be perfect on my scoped 10/22s and 22 Bolt rifles.
I shot my new Optimus with 147gr Speer Lawman ammo out of G19 with a SilencerCo threaded barrel. It was scary quiet. Much quieter than unsuppressed 22L pistol.

Have not tried it on a 30 cal yet. Cannot get flash suppressor off my PTR and do not want to try too hard.

I loved the Innovative Arms' Slingshot monocore 22 suppressor. I tried it at the Red Hill shoot as well. I shoot 22 a LOT. It would be nice to have more than one 22 cal suppressor. That will be my next purchase.

Hybrid is not user serviceable, a must for 22LR can
I would look for a monocore 22LR can. Separate buffles do stick inside of a 22LR can. I have a 22 supressor soaking in a jar of Kroil right now.
Optimus will cover evrething, from 2LR yo 9mm to 300 win mag
It is too big and heavy to go on a 22 pistol.
I'm pretty sure I'm buy 2 cans hence the Sparrow 22 can

For all my bitching and moaning about not caring if I get my cans anymore (since it took 10 months to get a stamp), I'm glad I won the Guardian from QRF last year. It made me get off my ass and use my trust. I shot it yesterday on a Ruger 10/22 takedown Heavy Barrel Target and really like it. CCI Suppressor ammo worked as advertised and was actually pretty darned accurate. I'm sold on suppression.

Today at the range zeroing at 50 yds:

20170308_174030.jpg

If you really want to get shocked, shoot your suppressed weapon without the can sometime. If you aren't wearing hearing protection, you will quit after 1 shot. 22lr pistols are a whole lot louder than you would ever think. Suppressed gun will make you want to not shoot loud ever again.

If you really want to get shocked, shoot your suppressed weapon without the can sometime. If you aren't wearing hearing protection, you will quit after 1 shot. 22lr pistols are a whole lot louder than you would ever think. Suppressed gun will make you want to not shoot loud ever again.

LOL, too true, even FRP on my Sparrow catches me off guard sometimes

Right around $900, IIRC. From QRF
I have shot it on my 22LR Ruger pistol at the Red Hill shoot last year. It was very quiet, but I could not see my suppressor height sights. It will be perfect on my scoped 10/22s and 22 Bolt rifles.
I shot my new Optimus with 147gr Speer Lawman ammo out of G19 with a SilencerCo threaded barrel. It was scary quiet. Much quieter than unsuppressed 22L pistol.

Have not tried it on a 30 cal yet. Cannot get flash suppressor off my PTR and do not want to try too hard.

I loved the Innovative Arms' Slingshot monocore 22 suppressor. I tried it at the Red Hill shoot as well. I shoot 22 a LOT. It would be nice to have more than one 22 cal suppressor. That will be my next purchase.

I've got a Ruger GSR we can try it out on.:D

PS. I should have my Arc22 any day now.

Back
Top Bottom