• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First suppressor

I would definitely start with a 22 can and take it from there. Good news is that e-forms should make your wait significantly shorter than what it would have been if you hadn't walked out empty handed a few months ago.

I can't recommend the Silencerco Spectre enough. Very good sound and easy to clean, no need to worry about them locking up when they get dirty like some 22 cans (looking at you GemTech).

If you want to get into pistols you have to look at what you will be shooting. As a caliber 45 suppresses almost naturally, and heavy-for-caliber 9mm is pretty good too. If you have both I'd start with a 45 can. That'll work for either and the bigger can will offset the additional sound you get from the larger hole in the end cap. Almost any major brand will work in this case.

But start with a 22. It's the best way to get into the
Yes sir that is the route I’m going. Hopefully I’ll get it started this weekend. Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• 6B385392-5A43-4F30-B84D-FC87D605AC15.png
    6B385392-5A43-4F30-B84D-FC87D605AC15.png
    450.7 KB · Views: 16
I love my rimfires, and baby my rimfire hosts. 12 years ago I decided to get a rimfire can/silencer/suppressor/whisper pickle. Today I’m waiting on can number 14. Should be any day and just did a form 1 to make a rather large rimfire can. Volume is boss! And at the time I was determined to only get 1!!!!
Good luck on your journey, and if your ol’lady ain’t into guns much, just go ahead get it over with now, make things easier on ya later!

Back
Top Bottom