• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First time deer hunting

It is not legal to leave anything on public land. You don't get to "claim" an area by leaving your stuff there. I wouldn't worry about it one or the other. If he was sitting in it when YOU got there, obviously different story.
<----- Doesn't deer hunt public land.

Ate you sure about that? Im pretty sure you can leave a stand.

Other beautiful nature we see in the deer woods. My flying squirrel family that have been hunting with me all season.
IMG952018122295105050.jpg
IMG952018122295105218.jpg

Attachments

• IMG952018122295105311.jpg
    IMG952018122295105311.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 10
That's exactly what it was for. People leaving stands.

Im confused. Im pretty sure you can leave your stand on public land if you follow timelines. On fort gordon it's 30 days on both sides but in Jawja I think it's one day. Ladder stands wouldn't exist if you couldn't leave them.

Other beautiful nature we see in the deer woods. My flying squirrel family that have been hunting with me all season.
View attachment 1924826 View attachment 1924827

I had a flying squirrel as a pet back in the early 80's. Her family was doomed and we brought her home as a baby with little hope for survival. "Fluffy" lived 5 years with us before moving on to the eternal forest. Very cool animal.

Im confused. Im pretty sure you can leave your stand on public land if you follow timelines. On fort gordon it's 30 days on both sides but in Jawja I think it's one day. Ladder stands wouldn't exist if you couldn't leave them.
Ah, that's federally regulated. I made the assumption the OP was talking WMAs (or at least state managed).

Wma's are 1 day before and 1 after from what I could find. Definitely legal to leave during.
Where did you find it? I thought it was 24 hours. This is all from memory so I could be wrong. But, as memory serves, you go in and hunt in the evening and leave your stand for the morning. No problem with the rangers. You could NOT go in on say Thursday, lock your stand with the intention of hunting Saturday (etc).

Back
Top Bottom