• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First time deer hunting

Where did you find it? I thought it was 24 hours. This is all from memory so I could be wrong. But, as memory serves, you go in and hunt in the evening and leave your stand for the morning. No problem with the rangers. You could NOT go in on say Thursday, lock your stand with the intention of hunting Saturday (etc).

24 hours before and after "the hunt" is how I read it. It starts in September and ends in January.

It is not legal to leave anything on public land. You don't get to "claim" an area by leaving your stuff there. I wouldn't worry about it one or the other. If he was sitting in it when YOU got there, obviously different story.
<----- Doesn't deer hunt public land.
Not quite true. You have to remove it within a limited time (30 days?) after the season closes. But you can have it in place all season long. However, that does not give you any more right to the area than anyone else.

Not quite true. You have to remove it within a limited time (30 days?) after the season closes. But you can have it in place all season long. However, that does not give you any more right to the area than anyone else.
Somebody needs to find the reg. I know. I should....

WMA is 12 noon the day after hunt is over.National forest not so sure,but one of our resident experts will brief us

8319AE40-37C8-47E9-985E-21D122F67E8A.jpeg

1419B26D-47E0-4BA7-B5AF-C1B6E2B5EBC6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom