• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First time deer hunting

Have an opportunity tomorrow to hunt a baited powerline, from a blind, with a friend. Pretty much a sure thing I’m told. I want meat but I’m thinking it might be like fishing on of those pay, trout ponds, which I don’t enjoy. I want meat and this could be my last chance to get some. But this will be my last chance this season to spend a full day in the woods alone. First world problems. Life is good when this is the hardest decision I’ve had to make this week. :becky:

Have an opportunity tomorrow to hunt a baited powerline, from a blind, with a friend. Pretty much a sure thing I’m told. I want meat but I’m thinking it might be like fishing on of those pay, trout ponds, which I don’t enjoy. I want meat and this could be my last chance to get some. But this will be my last chance this season to spend a full day in the woods alone. First world problems. Life is good when this is the hardest decision I’ve had to make this week. :becky:

Go. If it feels wrong dont pull the trigger. No such thing as a sure thing in hunting.

From someone that has hunted a long time... sure things on fair chase hunts are not necessarily a sure thing. I understand your internal debate regarding hunting over bait, but as I'm sure you're aware... it's legal in GA. Relax, enjoy the hunt, and hopefully a deer decides to cooperate. Good luck!!

Your doubts prove, even as a new hunter, you get it. Refreshing.
Hunting is largely a pursuit of personal ethics. Speaking from experience with both, I've never regretted NOT shooting a deer over bait.

This guys been a friend of mine for years but we have never talked hunting because, well I didn’t hunt. I just found out his brother owns a deer processing company down in Montecello somewhere. Bait hunting has made this his best year.

This guys been a friend of mine for years but we have never talked hunting because, well I didn’t hunt. I just found out his brother owns a deer processing company down in Montecello somewhere. Bait hunting has made this his best year.

Balance is the key. If it's too good this year it will be bad the next 5.

Back
Top Bottom