• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First time deer hunting

Got my last hunt set up for Sat the 12th. Just had a conversation with my wife that went like this.

I’m going hunting on the twelfth

Ok, morning or afternoon

I’m going early and if I get one I’ll come on home but if not I’m staying till dark. I have to stay out there till I get us some meat.

Ok, well I will be here driving kids to swim and gym and picking up groceries at Kroger like a modern, civilized, human. You call and let me know if I should add meat to the list.

:pound:I love that woman.

Got my last hunt set up for Sat the 12th. Just had a conversation with my wife that went like this.

Ok, morning or afternoon

I’m going early and if I get one I’ll come on home but if not I’m staying till dark. I have to stay out there till I get us some meat.

Ok, well I will be here driving kids to swim and gym and picking up groceries at Kroger like a modern, civilized, human. You call and let me know if I should add meat to the list.

My wife has never understood the idea of fishing when you can just buy fish in the store. Don't even get her started on catch and release. :doh:

Ok, morning or afternoon

It will get better in time,mine raised hell the first 10 years,she’s been ok for the last 25

It will get better in time,mine raised hell the first 10 years,she’s been ok for the last 25
When mine finally realized that me out hunting and fishing beat the hell out of drinking and carousing (like some of her friend's husbands) she settled right down.

With that said, if she ever figures out how much money I actually have tied up firearms and other outdoor equipment she'd probably have a minor meltdown. We live by "don't ask, don't tell".

Back
Top Bottom