• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First time for everything I guess...

nope.gif

So I replied to a for sale ad last night with a pm indicating I would take it for the asking price. I also sent a text at 10:30 pm (as requested in ad) that I would take item at asking price. This was done a couple of hours after ad posted in early evening.
Asking price in the ad indicated that the asking price included shipping...I left my number and indicated seller could send me PayPal info and I would supply shipping address if I was first to respond or at seller’s discretion I was the person to whom they wanted to sell their item.
So, around 10:30 this morning I notice that I had received a text from the seller at 6:32 this morning.
Text read exactly like this :
”Yea I have one more person interested. First PayPal entry wins”.
I then go to ODT and see that seller had sent me a pm with his PayPal info at 6:27am...and then at 10:16am asked for my shipping address.
I‘m curious how you guys would have responded to this...
Just so you know, it was not some killer deal on a rare gun being sold at half of its value lol...item was a commonly available accessory at a good price but it was a less than a $100 transaction. No big deal.
A few points to ponder...
If I had rushed to PayPal and sent him money at 10:31am...what was I supposed to do then? Wait and see if I’m first lol?
What if I sent the money but other guy sent money also a few minutes before I did? Hope seller sends it back lol?
Is this an acceptable way to sell an item that has to be paid for in advance of shipping?
Maybe I’m overreacting here or overthinking this I guess.
But my response to the “First PayPal entry wins” text was not a rush to PayPal...quite the opposite lol.
An old saying comes to my mind about this situation...”I ain’t sayin it’s right or it’s wrong...but it just sticks in my craw” lol.
Over n out.
I also sent a text at 10:30 pm (as requested in ad) that I would take item at asking price.

That should have been your first sign step away.

Back
Top Bottom