• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Turkey Hunt *Up Dated*

thendricks

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
110   0
Reaction score
Going on my first turkey hunt this weekend. Really looking forward to it since I’ve done just about everything else. I’m ready for a new challenge. Have a great piece of property with tons of turkeys on it. But definitely would love any tips and tricks from you experienced guys. Been watching a lot of videos and reading articles to make sure I’m well educated but I’m still new to it. So any advice would be great.

Go with someone who knows how to hunt them. It will shorten your learn curve quickly. You'll gain a new appreciation for these birds, many times you will be sitting there dumbfounded on how a critter with a brain the size of an acorn just outsmarted you again. Once it gets in your blood you'll fall in love. My most import piece of advice is to get you a lynch foolproof box call and learn how to cluck, yelp and cut on it. That one box call puts turkeys at the end of my barrel every season. Just don't over call, get them interested and shut up!

Go with someone who knows how to hunt them. It will shorten your learn curve quickly. You'll gain a new appreciation for these birds, many times you will be sitting there dumbfounded on how a critter with a brain the size of an acorn just outsmarted you again. Once it gets in your blood you'll fall in love. My most import piece of advice is to get you a lynch foolproof box call and learn how to cluck, yelp and cut on it. That one box call puts turkeys at the end of my barrel every season. Just don't over call, get them interested and shut up!

That’s what I’m looking forward to is the challenge. Have a few friends who do it a lot but they all live out of town.

Back
Top Bottom