• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fish finder/depth suggestions

Maggiemaeodie

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
52   0
Reaction score
I’m not much of a fisherman but I do like to know the depth while on my boats. I have a Lorance J Hook 4. It does what I want when it comes on. This is the 2nd one I’ve had. Both stopped powering up, but sometimes it will come on. What’s going on With it?

If these are junk, can anyone recommend one that is reliable?

Dielectric grease is your friend. I've seen many instances where this is occurring that a bad connection was a result of corrosion from a marine environment we're cleaning the connections and adding dielectric grease resolved many of the issues. If you would like to go one step further, you can always add shrink tubing over connections after getting them confirmed to seal out any contamination elements. Hope this helps your issues.

Im not an expert but ive heard those have a time powering up. Ive got an older hds. More money but pretty awesome. This is in old school mode. These are bass. Lots of bass. 61166591-E8E3-4847-BB0C-33577CFC783E.png

Bass pro had the hds carbon 9” marked down to 799.00 if they still have in any in stock. its compatible with active target if you choose it also.

I’m not much of a fisherman but I do like to know the depth while on my boats. I have a Lorance J Hook 4. It does what I want when it comes on. This is the 2nd one I’ve had. Both stopped powering up, but sometimes it will come on. What’s going on With it?

If these are junk, can anyone recommend one that is reliable?
Try recleaning your connections, check fuses, rerun wiring, u can even put the wires straight to the battery, with an in line fuse..I’ve always used furuno, but have fished different than u are

Back
Top Bottom