• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fish finder

I pulled the trigger on the Garmin echoMap Plus 73sv through an online source. It is the prior year's model so I got a better deal over the current model. I missed out on getting it locally even though both BassPro and Cabela's still had it listed on their online catalog but had sold out. The unit is expected to ship tomorrow. Hopefully I will have it installed in the next few days. I am going to relocate the older Hummingbird unit to the front of the boat once the Garmin arrives.

Garmin-010-01897-00-echoMAP-CHIRP-Plus-73sv_250x220.jpg

always had my best unit on the trolling motor,that one was in use mostly

I decided that the better unit that has the navigation would go on the console and the older fish finder only unit would be moved to the trolling motor. Your approach may be better, but I am going to give this a try and see how it works.

I decided that the better unit that has the navigation would go on the console and the older fish finder only unit would be moved to the trolling motor. Your approach may be better, but I am going to give this a try and see how it works.
I only fished Lanier so it worked for me.

I pulled the trigger on the Garmin echoMap Plus 73sv through an online source. It is the prior year's model so I got a better deal over the current model. I missed out on getting it locally even though both BassPro and Cabela's still had it listed on their online catalog but had sold out. The unit is expected to ship tomorrow. Hopefully I will have it installed in the next few days. I am going to relocate the older Hummingbird unit to the front of the boat once the Garmin arrives.

Garmin-010-01897-00-echoMAP-CHIRP-Plus-73sv_250x220.jpg
I have one of those. I love it.

I only fished Lanier so it worked for me.

Lanier is where I will primarily fish, mostly the southern half of the lake. I have been putting in at the Old Federal boat ramp. I am just getting started with large lake fishing on a boat now that I am retired. My previous fishing experience was on small farm ponds growing up.

You definitely want the navigation driving and utilize your trails if you have it and you will never get turned around or lost.

Back
Top Bottom