• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fishing for Beginners

Piglatinhater

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
82   3
Reaction score
My wife has never really fished before and I haven't fished in/around GA. Where's a good place to go? Not looking to catch any monsters, just get my wife used to fishing.

A new fisherman needs action or they will lose interest fast. This is true of any age group. Go find a pond loaded with bream and do the bait and bobber thing. Size isn't that important to start with.

And no, that's not what she said.

A new fisherman needs action or they will lose interest fast. This is true of any age group. Go find a pond loaded with bream and do the bait and bobber thing. Size isn't that important to start with.

And no, that's not what she said.

Where is this legendary fountain of brim.

Agree with Bear44. And you don't even need to mess with live bait. Go online and order something called torpedo floats (they are clear and hard to find in stores except for the one you have to put water in, which defeats the purpose), some bluegill poppers, teach her to cast without hooking herself in the ear, and on the cast stop the float before it hits the water so the fly falls behind the float on a tight line. Every few seconds, just twitch the rig so it makes small ripples on the surface.

My Dad taught me this when I was a little kid, and it developed into a love of topwater fishing. Once she tires of that, graduate her to start throwing Floating Rapala minnows for small to mid size Bass.

Back
Top Bottom