• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fishing gear

Tree fiddy.

tree fiddy two....

But seriously, best of luck trying to get a high dollar by selling in bulk. Your best bet is to sell off the lures in lots of 3-5 on eBay. It will take a while, but your return will be better. If it is quality gear (rods & reels) you might get $100.00 each for them.

I’d start with the rods and reels. Pretty easy to google search those. Their like guns in that you can spend as much as you want on them. Pretty easy to drop $500-$600 in a nice combo. If he has high end rods there is a good chance he is dropping big money on everything. On the other hand he may just have a hard time throughging stuff away. I cleaned out my garage last week and finally threw away a big tub of plastic worms and lures. Nothing of any value. Just 30 years of not being able to throw stuff in the trash lol.

Hey all.
A dear friend of mine passed away in January.
He was an avid fisherman, and indeed before he developed heart problems he'd even had a company that did Amazon river fishing trips, etc.

His wife asked me to help dispose of his fishing equipment.
Anyone in the woodstock/canton/roswell/marietta area an expert on this stuff ? Want to give me some help putting a value on the gear? I've boxes of tackle and lures, a dozen or so poles and a bunch of reels...

Thanks in advance!
I'll do it. I've been fishing for years and I build custom rods and service all makes of reels. I can help out if needed!

Used fishing equipment has a return of pennies on the dollars, the market is flooded with used stuff

This^^^^^

used fishing rod is only worth a few bucks, maybe a little more with a reel,
fishing reels depreciate faster than archery,
lures are worth pennies on the dollar.....quarter, fifty cent, maybe a dollar on the higher end stuff.
i've fished bass tournaments for 10+ years and i would hate to see how little i would get back for my gear.

set out the really high end stuff if there is any and lump the rest into a lot.

This^^^^^

used fishing rod is only worth a few bucks, maybe a little more with a reel,
fishing reels depreciate faster than archery,
lures are worth pennies on the dollar.....quarter, fifty cent, maybe a dollar on the higher end stuff.
i've fished bass tournaments for 10+ years and i would hate to see how little i would get back for my gear.

set out the really high end stuff if there is any and lump the rest into a lot.
Yeah, thanks.
I would not know the "high end" stuff from a claw hammer if it landed on my foot.
I appreciate all the input guys - and the offers of assistance in looking at it and valuing it.

Back
Top Bottom